Saturday, July 11, 2015

Our God is an Awesome God-Psalm 36


                One of my favorite songs from my youth days was “Our God is an Awesome God.”  I still love to sing it today.  Psalm 36 provides us with many ways to describe the awesomeness of God in contrast to those who are without God.  God is Love and God’s love is loyal and reaches beyond our imagination.  God’s righteousness knows no end.  God’s justice is deeper then the seas.  God cares for all of creation.  It is in God that we can find refuge.  It is in relationship with God that we can find pure joy.  My favorite part of the whole psalm is this promise:  “Within you is the spring of life.  In your light, we see light.”  (vs. 9).  When we take ourselves to the light of God, even in our darkest moments, we can see light.  Friends I invite you into relationship with this awesome God today.  You will not regret it.  In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment