Friday, May 22, 2015

How Majestic is Your Name!

Last week was my transition week.  I took a break from the busyness that had commanded my attention for the past three years and I rested and reset my heart and mind for what is next.  There is no better place for me to do this than from the balcony of my cousin's condo at Clearwater beach, Florida.  I am surrounded there by reminders of God's presence and majesty.  God's the greatest artist in all the world! Growing up I used to love to sit outside on the front porch and just take in the sounds of creation.  I could hear the creek running in the back, here the birds sing and look at the Mountains that enclosed me and protected me.  I love driving the parkway to soak in even more of God's creation.  It's hard for me to imagine anyone taking in these views and not understanding there is a God, a majestic God!

The Psalmist in Psalm 8 recognized this as well.  I can imagine the Psalmist sitting on the balcony of my cousin's condo, soaking in this view and writing this Psalm.  Today, as you pray thank God for all of creation.  Thank God for God's control over creation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment