Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 24, 2009

Psalm 3 and Proverbs 3.

More talk of enemies and wisdom. As I finished wrapping the Christmas presents last night I was abruptly transported to the dark place of realization that one present was not wrapped. My little nephew Jax was supposed to be sharing his first Christmas with us this year. He would have been the center of all of this season's festivities I'm sure, being only a couple of weeks old. We don't have the enemies that David spoke of. Not here in the safety of the USA. We don't have to worry about stepping into snares or being ambushed. Not to be mistake surely there are Americans, our soldiers who fight to protect our freedoms for whom these words ring very literal but for me they don't. Yet we all have our enemies. Those things that present obstacles to our relationship with our creator and prevent us from going forth with the tasks for which we are called to do. Jax's death could have quite easily become one of those enemies for me. It took me to dark places of sorrow like none I've ever experienced. I grieved not only the loss of my nephew but I grieved the piece of my brother that experience was ripping away. Yet David reminds me that God is always there and that we can sleep without worry......

Solomon advises us to always seek wisdom: Lessons from 3:

  • Stay in the Word....Meditate on it, keep it in your heart.
  • Trust God with everything (PRAY)
  • Give of your first fruits
  • Study Study Study........Read Read Read.......Gain Knowledge, Gain Knowledge, Gain Knowledge.
  • Do not be violent, Do not condone violence.
  • In all you do seek the peaceful path.

May I continually be mindful of these things and not slip away from them again!

Rest in Peaceful arms of your Heavenly Father and in the sweet memories of your parents and the rest of us......I Love you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment